SafetyRail 2000 FG - Fiberglass Roof Guard Rail
Safety Rail 2000 FG is the ideal passive fall protection system for rooftop fall protection when telecommunication equipment is present and can’t have metal guardrails that will interfere with RF signals. This RF-transparent guardrail is non-penetrating and can be used as a portable or permanent fall protection system.
Because they’re anchored by weighted baseplates rather than fastened down with bolts, these ballasted guard rails can be used as portable, permanent, or temporary roof edge protection solutions. Non-penetrating designs preserve the integrity of the roof system and make these solutions easy to install.
Use this FORM to request additional information and/or pricing
Rail sections are constructed of fiberglass. Rails secure to 96-pound cast iron bases with four ports each, allowing the rails to be placed in nearly infinite configurations. When the bases are installed in a run with a 90° return on each end, the combined mass and the geometry of installation creates an OSHA-compliant roof guardrail system.
Request a quote on a Safety Rail 2000FG non-penetrating guard rail system for your permanent or temporary telecommunications roof edge protection needs, or contact Dakota Safety, a safety rail company, to learn more
Please Note: These railings are sold in kits. Each kit contains
- a single base
- a single locking pin
- a single sized railing
An extra base is required at either the start or end of each run. (one rail section will require two bases).
Please refer to Layout requirements for minimal requirements for OHSA compliance for non-penetrating fall protection guardrail systems.
The Safety Rail 2000 FG system creates an OSHA-compliant barrier for permanent or temporary roof edge protection installations. This unique design reduces costs and eliminates the danger of potential trip hazards presented by intermediate counterweights used in other guardrail systems.
Safety Rail 2000 provides a fully portable fall protection system for commercial, industrial, and worksite applications. Common applications include rooftop work zones, rail car platforms, manhole barricades, ramps, construction sites, dig sites, mezzanines, assembly and break areas, crowd control, hoist areas, and more.
Features of Safety Rail 2000 FG Non-Penetrating Guard Rails
- No holes need to be drilled
- 100% portable
- Meets and Exceeds OSHA Regulations for Fall Protection
- Install over 250 feet in an hour with two men
- Rails can be positioned in infinite directions
- Each base can support up to 4 rails
- Custom engineering / manufacturing for special requirements
- Rails made from polyester, fire retardant, UV inhibited and UV coated material
The Safety Rail 2000 non-penetrating guard rail system is compliant with OSHA regulations for guard rails: 29 CFR 1926.502
In order to meet OSHA regulations for fall protection, outriggers (returns/counter weights) must be utilized. Whether the danger side run is 5’ or 1,000’ in length, outriggers must be in place at the beginning and at the end of the run. Outriggers are standard rail kits that are connected at approximately 90° to the danger side run of each end rail section.
- Roof Guard Rail Protection: Provide freestanding portable guard rail system including pipe railings, bases, and fittings
- Approved Product: Safety Rail 2000 FG Guard Rail System, BlueWater Manufacturing, distributed by Dakota Safety 866-503-7246 4155 S Robert Trl STE2 ST Paul MN firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standards: System shall have top and mid rail in accordance with OSHA standards
- Structural Load: 200 lb. (90.7 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components, in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Height: 42” (106 cm)
- Railings: 1-5/8” (4.1 cm) O.D. hot rolled picked electric weld tubing, free of sharp edges or snag points
- Mounting Bases: Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Base weight 96 lb. (43.5 kg) and 48 lb. (21.8 kg) per square foot. Rubber or BUR pads for base bottoms available upon request
- Receiver Posts: Shall have a positive locking system with slots that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Friction locking systems are not allowed. Receiver posts shall have drain hole
- Hardware: Securing pins shall be 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and lanyard that connects to lynch pin
Safety Rail 2000: Independent Test Results
- Safety Rail 2000 portable roof guard rail systems have been found to comply with OSHA regulations for permanent and temporary roof edge protection.
- The top rail is capable of withstanding a 200 lb. (90.7 kg) horizontal and vertical load.
- The midpoint of the top rail deflected to 40.75” (103.5 cm) above the floor level when subjected to a 200 lb. (90.7 kg) vertical load.
- The mid rail is capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of 150 lb. (68 kg), applied in the vertical and horizontal directions.
Tests were conducted by GME Consultants, Consulting Engineers, Minneapolis, MN 55447. Complete report available upon request. Wind Load Calculations also available on request.
For different rail style options, visit our guard rails page.
Contact Us now for Non-Penetrating Roof Guard Rail Systems: 866-503-7245
Request a quote today, or contact Dakota Safety for more information on the Safety Rail 2000 permanent/temporary roof edge protection system from Dakota Safety, a safety rail company focusing on roof and elevated surface fall protection.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.