Safety Rail 2000 Architectural Series: A Passive Fall Protection Guard Rail System
Safety Rail 2000 Architectural Series fall protection guard rail systems are ideal for new building construction, adding passive fall protection to a new building, or as an addition to existing guardrails. Safety Rail 2000 provides a pleasing sightline and can enhance the appearance of a building while maintaining a high level of fall protection compliance.
OSHA-Compliant Fall Protection Guardrail System
Safety Rail 2000 Architectural Series roof safety solutions are compliant with OSHA regulations for fall protection guardrail systems.
Use this FORM to request additional information and/or pricing
Architectural Guard Rail Features
- More pleasing sightlines
- No drilling necessary to install
- No intermediate counterweights required
- Suitable for use as permanent or temporary roof edge protection
- Custom engineering/manufacturing available for special applications—contact us to discuss your custom requirements
- Curved, incline and straight stanchions available
- Deemed OSHA compliant by an independent accredited engineering firm
- Optional EPDM rubber pads and BUR pads available for added roof surface protection
The SafetyRail2000 Architectural Series is a passive fall protection guard rail system that provides an OSHA-compliant roof safety rail with a pleasing architectural style. It combines the non-penetrating guard rail system with architectural appeal for applications where railing appearance is important, such as “green” roofs.
Rail sections are constructed of 1.25” SCH 40 galvanized pipe. The rails secure to 96-pound cast iron bases that have four ports each, allowing the rails to be configured in infinite positions. When the bases are installed in a run with a 90° return on each end, the combined mass and geometry of the installation creates an OSHA compliant barrier for roof edge protection.
The Architectural Series is a roof safety rail system that requires no penetration to the roof surface when installed. Because they’re anchored with weighted baseplates rather than bolted to the roof, Safety Rail 2000 ballasted guard rails can be used as portable, permanent, or temporary roof edge protection solutions.
Request a quote on a Safety Rail 2000 Architectural guardrail system for your building, or contact Dakota Safety, a safety rail company, to learn more.
The Safety Rail 2000 non-penetrating guard rail system is compliant with OSHA regulations for guard rails: 29 CFR 1926.502
In order to meet OSHA regulations for fall protection guard rail systems, outriggers (returns/counter weights) must be used with SafetyRail 2000 Architectural Series guardrails. Whether the danger side run is 5’ or 1000’ in length, these outriggers must be in place at the beginning and at the end of the run. Outriggers are standard rail sections that are connected at approximately 90° to the danger side run of each end rail section.
- Roof Edge Protection: Provide freestanding roof safety rail system on roof tops, including pipe railings, uprights, bases, and fittings.
- Approved Product: Safety Rail 2000 Architectural Series Guardrail System, BlueWater Manufacturing, distributed by Dakota Safety 866-503-7246 4155 S Robert Trl St Paul MN firstname.lastname@example.org, a specialty safety rail company.
- Standards: Architectural roof safety system shall have top and mid rail in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Structural Load: 200 lb. (90.7 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components in accordance with OSHA regulations for fall protection guardrail systems.
- Height: 42” (106 cm), minimum.
- Railings: 1.66" (4.2 cm) O.D. galvanized pipe.
- Mounting Bases: Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Base weight 108 lb. (49 kg) and 48 lb. (21.8 kg) per square foot. Rubber pads on base bottoms available upon request.
- Receiver Posts: Shall have a positive locking system into slots that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Friction locking systems are not allowed. Receiver posts shall have drain holes.
- Hardware: Securing pins shall be 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and lanyard that connects to lynch pin.
- Finishes: Available in standard Hot-Dip Galvanized.
- Surface Protection Pads: EDPM rubber pads and bur pads are available upon request
- Load testing available on request
Supporting Documents Links
- SafetyRail2000 Architectural Series Product Data Sheet
- SafetyRail2000 Architectural Series Shop Drawing
- SafetyRail2000 Architectural Series Product Comparison Chart
- SafetyRail2000 Architectural Series Guide Specs - Word Doc download
For different rail style options, visit our guard rails page.
Contact Us for Architectural Fall Protection Guard Rail Systems
Request a quote on a Safety Rail 2000 architectural non-penetrating guardrail system. Contact Dakota Safety, a safety rail company, for more information on permanent or temporary roof edge protection options.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.