[short-description]The SafetyRail 2000 Architectural Series is a passive fall protection guardrail system that provides an 50% extra safety factor of OSHA-compliant roof safety rail with a pleasing architectural style.[/short-description]
SafetyRail2000 D300 Architectural Series: A Passive Fall Protection Guardrail System with 50% Safety Factor
The SafetyRail 2000 Architectural Series is a passive fall protection guardrail system that exceeds the OSHA-compliant roof safety rail requirements. Along with a pleasing architectural style, it has been tested to exceed a 300 lb load requirement (50% more than the 200lb requirement required by OHSA) and has 3 horizontal rails. Similar to the standard Architectural Series, it also combines the non-penetrating guardrail system with architectural appeal for applications where railing appearance is important.
Rail sections are constructed of 1.25” SCH 40 galvanized pipe and galvanized fittings. The rails secured to 96-pound cast iron bases and spaced at maximum distance of 6ft apart. When the bases are installed in a run with a 90° return on each end, the combined mass and geometry of the installation creates an OSHA compliant barrier for roof edge protection.
The Architectural Series is a roof safety rail system that requires no penetration to the roof surface when installed. Because they’re anchored with weighted baseplates rather than bolted to the roof, SafetyRail2000 D300 series ballasted guardrails are primarily used as a permanent rail solution. In the event of the roof needing to be fixed or replaced, the system can be easily disassembled to do the work and reassembled after.
Request a quote on a SafetyRail2000 D300 Architectural guardrail system for your building, or contact Dakota Safety to learn more.
SafetyRail 2000 D300 Architectural Series fall protection guardrail systems are ideal for new building construction, adding passive fall protection to a new building, or as an addition to existing guardrails. SafetyRail 2000 D300 series provides a pleasing sightline and can enhance the appearance of a building while maintaining a high level of fall protection compliance.
OSHA-Compliant Fall Protection Guardrail System
SafetyRail2000 D300 Architectural Series roof safety solutions are compliant with OSHA regulations for fall protection guardrail systems and exceed the load requirement by 50%. The SafetyRail2000 D300 series has been tested to withstand a 300 lb load with minimal movement and deflection.
Architectural Guardrail Features
- More pleasing sightlines
- No drilling necessary to install
- No intermediate counterweights required
- Suitable for use as permanent or temporary roof edge protection
- Custom engineering/manufacturing available for special applications—contact us to discuss your custom requirements
- Curved stanchions
- Deemed OSHA compliant by an independent accredited engineering firm
- Optional EPDM rubber pads and BUR pads available for added roof surface protection
Minimum OSHA Requirements for Architectural Roof Safety Guardrails
In order to meet OSHA regulations for fall protection guardrail systems, outriggers (returns/counter weights) must be used with SafetyRail 2000 Architectural Series guardrails. Whether the danger side run is 5’ or 1000’ in length, these outriggers must be in place at the beginning and at the end of the run. Outriggers are standard rail kits that are connected at approximately 90° to the danger side run of each end rail section.
- Roof Edge Protection: Provide freestanding roof safety rail system on roof tops, including pipe railings, uprights, bases, and fittings.
- Approved Product: SafetyRail2000 D300 Architectural Series Guardrail System by Dakota Safety.
- Standards: Architectural roof safety system shall have top, mid rail, bottom rail evenly spaced in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Structural Load: 300 lb. (130 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components in accordance with OSHA regulations for fall protection guardrail systems.
- Height: 42” (106 cm), minimum.
- Railings: 1.66" (4.2 cm) O.D. galvanized pipe.
- Mounting Bases: Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Base weight 96 lb. (493.5 kg) and 48 lb. (18.1 kg) per square foot. Rubber pads on base bottoms available upon request.
- Receiver Posts: Shall have a positive locking system into slots that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Friction locking systems are not allowed. Receiver posts shall have drain holes.
- Hardware: Securing pins shall be 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and lanyard that connects to lynch pin.
- Finishes: Available in standard Hot-Dip Galvanized. Custom color powder coat paint over galvanized steel is also available.
- Surface Protection Pads: EDPM rubber pads and bur pads are available upon request
- Load testing available on request
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.