SafetyRail 2000 Roof Guard Rail
Safety Rail 2000 is a non-penetrating, passive fall protection system for workplace safety that can be used from rooftop to ground level applications. Because they’re anchored by weighted baseplates rather than fastened down with bolts, these ballasted guard rails can be used as portable, permanent, or temporary roof edge protection solutions. Non-penetrating designs preserve the integrity of the roof system and make these solutions easy to install.
Rail sections are constructed of 1-5/8" steel tubing. Rails secure to 96-pound cast iron bases with four ports each, allowing the rails to be placed in nearly infinite configurations. When the bases are installed in a run with a 90° return on each end, the combined mass and the geometry of installation creates an OSHA-compliant roof guardrail system.
Request a quote on a Safety Rail 2000 non-penetrating guard rail system for your permanent or temporary roof edge protection needs, or contact Dakota Safety, a safety rail company, to learn more
Please Note: These railings are sold in kits. Each kit contains
- a single base
- a single locking pin
- a single sized railing
An extra base is required at either the start or end of each run. (one rail section will require two bases).
Please refer to Layout requirements for minimal requirements for OSHA compliance for non-penetrating fall protection guardrail systems.
The Safety Rail 2000 system creates an OSHA-compliant barrier for permanent or temporary roof edge protection installations. This unique design reduces costs and eliminates the danger of potential trip hazards presented by intermediate counterweights used in other guardrail systems.
Safety Rail 2000 provides a fully portable fall protection system for commercial, industrial, and worksite applications. Common applications include rooftop work zones, rail car platforms, manhole barricades, ramps, construction sites, dig sites, mezzanines, assembly and break areas, crowd control, hoist areas, and more.
Features of Safety Rail 2000 Non-Penetrating Guard Rails
- Can be used for permanent or temporary roof guard rail for roof edge protection
- Quick and easy installation with no drilling needed
- Deemed OSHA compliant by an independent accredited engineering firm (see below for test results)
- Available with “safety yellow” powder coat or galvanized finish
- Optional EPDM rubber pads and BUR pads available for added roof surface protection
The Safety Rail 2000 non-penetrating guard rail system is compliant with OSHA regulations for guard rails: 29 CFR 1926.502
In order to meet OSHA regulations for fall protection, outriggers (returns/counter weights) must be utilized. Whether the danger side run is 5’ or 1,000’ in length, outriggers must be in place at the beginning and at the end of the run. Outriggers are standard rail kits that are connected at approximately 90° to the danger side run of each end rail section.
- Roof Guard Rail Protection: Provide freestanding portable guard rail system including pipe railings, bases, and fittings
- Approved Product: Safety Rail 2000 Guard Rail System, BlueWater Manufacturing, distributed by Dakota Safety 866-503-7246 4155 S Robert Trl STE 2 St Paul MN 55123 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standards: System shall have top and mid rail in accordance with OSHA standards
- Structural Load: 200 lb. (90.7 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components, in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Height: 42” (106 cm)
- Railings: 1-5/8” (4.1 cm) O.D. hot rolled picked electric weld tubing, free of sharp edges or snag points
- Mounting Bases: Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Base weight 96 lb. (43.5 kg) and 48 lb. (21.8 kg) per square foot. Rubber or BUR pads for base bottoms available upon request
- Receiver Posts: Shall have a positive locking system with slots that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Friction locking systems are not allowed. Receiver posts shall have drain hole
- Hardware: Securing pins shall be 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated, and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and lanyard that connects to lynch pin
Safety Rail 2000 Roof Guard Rail System Options
- Step-Rail: Variable height railing enables a continuous run of safety railing where the roof steps up or down
- Raised Mid-Rail: Railing to fit over duct work for continuous runs
- LP Outrigger: Supports positioning under ducting or conduit to continue run of Safety Rail guardrail system when full rail section cannot be used
- SG200: Sliding (cantilever) gate
- Finishing Rail: D-shaped railing extension for ladder landings, length or rail section and D-loop as indicated on the drawings
- Surface Protection Pads: EDPM rubber pads and BUR pads are available upon request
Safety Rail 2000: Independent Test Results
- Safety Rail 2000 portable roof guard rail systems have been found to comply with OSHA regulations for permanent and temporary roof edge protection.
- The top rail is capable of withstanding a 200 lb. (90.7 kg) horizontal and vertical load.
- The midpoint of the top rail deflected to 40.75” (103.5 cm) above the floor level when subjected to a 200 lb. (90.7 kg) vertical load.
- The mid rail is capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of 150 lb. (68 kg), applied in the vertical and horizontal directions.
Tests were conducted by GME Consultants, Consulting Engineers, Minneapolis, MN 55447. Complete report available upon request. Wind Load Calculations also available on request.
Supporting Documents for the SafetyRail 2000 Guardrail System
For different rail style options, visit our guard rails page.
Contact Us now for Non-Penetrating Roof Guard Rail Systems: 866-503-7245
Request a quote today, or contact Dakota Safety for more information on the Safety Rail 2000 permanent/temporary roof edge protection system from Dakota Safety, a safety rail company focusing on roof and elevated surfaces fall protection.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.